Job title: Insurance Services Representative – Claims Services- Work from Home and $2,000 Sign On Bonus
Job description: If youï¿½re passionate about helping people protect what matters most to them, as well as innovating and simplifying processes and operations to provide the best customer value, then Nationwideï¿½s Property and Casualty team could be the place for you!
A $2000 SIGN-ON BONUS will be given to all external candidates hired into this role. The first $1000 is paid after 3 months, the remaining $1000 is paid after 9 months.
This position can be filled remotely in 45 states on the mainland.
*Bilingual candidates a plus (differential possible).
Work From Home (Remote) in:
and 40 other states
*WFH (Remote) technology requirements
- 30 mbps download/3 mbps upload
- Acceptable internet service provider technologies- broadband cable, fiber
- Wired connection between work equipment and home internet equipment
- Two open Ethernet ports for call center associates using Cloud Phone
Your career at Nationwide begins on Monday, February 21st, 2022 with an award-winning 6-week training program that is designed to set you up for success and confidence in your new role. Your training schedule will be Mondayï¿½Friday, 8:00am- 4:30pm CT (9:00am-5:30pm ET). Full-time schedules are 38.75 hours per week and Part-time shift schedules are 20 hours per week. Core hours of operation are 7:00am-11:00pm, 7 days a week/365 day a year. Schedule options fall between the core starting hours of 7:00am-11:00pm.
Your total rewards package includes a starting salary ofï¿½$42,315 ($21/hr)ï¿½with opportunities to increase pay based on performance, a 10ï¿½15% shift differential on qualifying roles and a competitiveï¿½benefitsï¿½package.
Compensation Band: C1
Job Description Summary
Do you thrive in a work environment where you can deliver exceptional customer service? If you are a good listener, skilled communicator and can gather and manage information needed to make decisions about insurance claims ï¿½ by phone, email, chat and text ï¿½ then we want to hear from you!
The Insurance Services Representative is the first point of contact with customers, and making a great impression is important to creating and maintaining good relationships. The professional in this role conducts intake for first notice of loss from policyholders, claimants and others. In addition, you will make claims referral decisions and verify coverage, answer questions and provide direction. Creating a great experience for customers, while contributing to individual and team performance expectations, are keys to success. Using a computerized claims system for information gathering and taking manual loss reports as necessary is also part of the job.
- Owns the customer experience by establishing trust and building relationships to provide first line customer service contact for claims reporting activity related to personal lines. Utilizes claims call center best practices in all activities, including customer complaint handling and escalation.
- Creates loss reports by obtaining information from policyholders, claimant, and other parties. Establishes and maintains information screens and inputs data into necessary software as required. Establishes the claim master record by direct entry of claim data into appropriate systems.
- Verifies coverage under various policies or policy provisions based on variances of state, jurisdiction and regulatory requirement.
- Makes direct assignments to inside or field claims specialists for prompt resolution of claims. Refers claimants to preferred repair shops or schedules drive-in appointments as appropriate.
- Thoroughly and efficiently handles inquiries from policyholders, claimants and others. Responds effectively and appropriately to sensitive events and/or situations as needed.
- Establishes and maintains a follow-up system for completion of claim reports. Proactively contacts policyholders/claimants for additional information to expedite proper handling of claims.
- Maintains, records and reports information.
- Handles the duties of coverage verification with other appropriate functions for all state operations when circumstances do not allow a claim to be established on the system. This includes the verification of Assigned Risk as well as Voluntary policy information.
May perform other responsibilities as assigned.
Reporting Relationships: Reports to Claims Customer Service Supervisor. Individual contributor role.
Typical Skills and Experiences:
Education: High school or comparable diploma; some undergraduate studies preferred.
Experience: One year of work-related customer service experience; prefer experience in the insurance industry.
Knowledge, Abilities and Skills: Strong problem solving, multi-tasking, analytical, and computer skills. Ability to make decisions such as the application of coverage, assignments, and work priorities. Verbal and written communication skills needed to effectively interact with the policyholders, claimants, agents and co-workers. Ability to efficiently navigate and operate personal computer and all related claims/business software.
Other criteria, including leadership skills, competencies and experiences may take precedence.
Staffing exceptions to the above must be approved by the Director and HR Business Partner.
Values: Regularly and consistently demonstrates the Nationwide Values.
Overtime Eligibility: Eligible (Non-Exempt)
Working Conditions: Claims call center 7/24/365 environment. ï¿½Prolonged periods of sitting at personal computer and extensive use of keyboard while taking telephone calls; must use a telephone headset. ï¿½Non-standard hourï¿½s possible-flexibility of schedule is desired. ï¿½Overtime as required (non-exempt). Must be available to work catastrophes (CAT) which may include working extended periods of time including holidays and weekends over the phone or in office environment. Field CAT duty is not required for this role.ï¿½
ADA: The above statements cover what are generally believed to be principal and essential functions of this job. Specific circumstances may allow or require some people assigned to the job to perform a somewhat different combination of duties.
Smoke-Free Iowa Statement: Nationwide Mutual Insurance Company, its affiliates and subsidiaries comply with the Iowa Smokefree Air Act. Smoking is prohibited in all enclosed areas on or around company premises as well as company issued vehicles. The company offers designated smoking areas in which smoking is permitted at each individual location. The Act prohibits retaliation for reporting complaints or violations. For more information on the Iowa Smokefree Air Act, individuals may contact the Smokefree Air Act Helpline. PandoLogic. Category: Insurance, Keywords: Insurance Agent00 – 0Full-Time
Expected salary: $21 per hour
Job date: Wed, 12 Jan 2022 08:19:25 GMT
Apply for the job now!