Job title: Construction Project Engineer
Company: Mark Young Construction
Job description: Mark Young Construction, LLC (MYC) has an excellent opportunity for civil engineering and construction management professionals to join us as Project Engineers, based in or near Denver, Colorado. Project Engineers are key to the successful delivery of our projects, from remodels to new construction.
The Project Engineer works closely with the Superintendent, Project Manager, Owner, Subcontractors and others on various projects throughout the year. Opportunities also exist for exposure to Clients, Architects, Engineers, and Consultants to determine the work scope and costs for building projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Carry out elements of Owner contract and Subcontractor contracts – specifications, drawings, general conditions, supplementary conditions, addendums, changes
- Read and comprehend blueprints for use in the field and in discussion with owners, architects, MYC management and crews
- Analyze and understand self-performed work. Analyze processes – make suggestions to be efficient and effective
- Work with crews in the field – know the fundamentals of MYC and self-performed work, know the deadlines and timelines crews are on, answer crew questions, guide crews to meet established deadlines
- Assist with estimating/perform quantity take-offs
- Establish safety on site – correspond with MYC staff and Safety Consultants regarding safety concerns, corrections, and policies
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in Civil Engineering or Construction Management from a 4-year college, or two (2) or more years of related commercial construction industry experience
- Ability to read and analyze construction documents for commercial and civil construction projects
- Familiar with ICBO, ASTM, ANSI, ACI, UMC, etc.
- Ability to effectively and efficiently communicate with Managers and Vendors
- Ability to solve practical problems and examine a variety of tangible variables
- Ability to be located out of town and possibly out of state
MYC is a leading General Contracting firm located in Frederick, Colorado performing work along the Front Range. MYC employs more than 160 staff and performs work across the Western United States. MYC’s breadth of expertise in municipal, education, office, retail, and large grocery complexes provides stability and continued growth. Ninety-three percent of revenue comes from current or referral clients who are pleased with our extensive experience, exemplary performance and recognizes the focus on personalized customer service. MYC is dedicated to developing strong partnerships that will yield superior construction from project inception to owner occupancy.
We look forward to you joining the team!
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $60,000.00 – $75,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Bonus pay
COVID vaccination may be required on select job sites.
Powered by JazzHR
Expected salary: $60000 – 75000 per year
Location: Denver, CO
Job date: Sat, 08 Jan 2022 06:10:36 GMT
Apply for the job now!