Job title: Senior Construction Estimator
Company: Mark Young Construction
Job description: Mark Young Construction, LLC (MYC) has an excellent opportunity for a Senior Construction Estimator based in or near Denver, Colorado. Estimators drive the pipeline of work at MYC, and are essential to the profitability of our projects, from remodels to new construction.
The Senior Estimator works closely with Project Managers on various projects throughout the year, performing quantity surveys, assembling estimates, and soliciting bids from subcontractors and suppliers. Opportunities also exist for exposure to Clients, Architects, Engineers, and Consultants to determine the work scope and costs for building projects.
The Senior Estimator will continually improve his/her ability to analyze blueprints, specifications, proposals and other documentation to assist in the preparation of time, cost and labor estimates.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare quantity surveys and estimates costs of materials, labor and equipment for projects
- Research and interpret construction documents, including specifications and drawings
- Assemble estimates utilizing Microsoft Excel computer spreadsheets
- Assist in Subcontractor and Supplier bid solicitation and review
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, or Business Administration from a 4-year college, or two (2) years of related experience
- Ability to read and analyze construction documents for commercial and civil construction projects
- Ability to effectively and efficiently communicate with Managers and Vendors
- Ability to solve practical problems and examine a variety of tangible variables
MYC is a leading General Contracting firm located in Frederick, Colorado performing work along the Front Range. MYC employs more than 160 staff and performs work across the Western United States. MYC’s breadth of expertise in municipal, education, office, retail, and large grocery complexes provides stability and continued growth. Ninety-three percent of revenue comes from current or referral clients who are pleased with our extensive experience, exemplary performance and recognizes the focus on personalized customer service. MYC is dedicated to developing strong partnerships that will yield superior construction from project inception to owner occupancy.
We look forward to you joining the team!
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $80,000.00 – $95,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Powered by JazzHR
Expected salary: $80000 – 95000 per year
Location: Denver, CO – Front Range, CO
Job date: Sat, 08 Jan 2022 07:25:36 GMT
Apply for the job now!